Sofastore Terms & Conditions of Sale for purchases made online or on the telephone
- Sofastore is owned and operated by JB Global Ltd, a company registered in England with company no. 0557357. (“JB Global Ltd”, “We”, “Us” or “Our”). Our registered address is JB Global Ltd, DC2, Viscount Way, South Marston Industrial Estate, Swindon SN3 4TN and Our VAT number is GB862215733.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to Your purchase of any Products from Us on Our Website or on telephone.
- Please read these Terms and Conditions and the documents linked to these Terms and Conditions carefully. You will need to accept these Terms and Conditions before We will accept Your order.
- We have tried to make these Terms and Conditions easy to understand but We do understand that You may feel uncertain about some sections when You read them. Our staff are here to help and will be more than happy to assist You with any query You may have.
- If You have a query about these terms and conditions or do not accept them, please contact Us:
Online - sofastore.com/page/contact.html (for uploading photographs)
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone - 0800 688 1434 Open 8am to 8pm Monday to Sunday.
A copy of these Terms and Conditions and all other documents which apply to Your purchase of Product(s) are available for You to read on Our Website
Definitions and Interpretation
- To make these Terms and Conditions easy to read We have defined some of the words. If a word begins with a capital letter then this means that the word has been defined. A list of the defined words is set out below:
“Product(s)” means the product(s) which are available for purchase, and described, on Our Website;
“Terms and Conditions” means these terms and conditions of sale which You can access on Our Website;
“Website” means www.sofastore.com
“Working Day” means any week day excluding public holidays; and
“You” / “Your” means you as Our customer.
- To make these Terms and Conditions easy to read We have defined some of the words. If a word begins with a capital letter then this means that the word has been defined. A list of the defined words is set out below: “Product(s)” means the product(s) which are available for purchase, and described, on Our Website; “Terms and Conditions” means these terms and conditions of sale which You can access on Our Website; “Website” means www.sofastore.com “Working Day” means any week day excluding public holidays; and
Placing an order
- This section sets out how a legally binding contract will be formed between You and Us.
- To purchase Product(s) on Our Website or on telephone You will need to:
- either (at Your option):
- register for an account with Us (see paragraph 3.3 below); or
- use Our Website to place Your order
- Or telephone our sales team on 0800 688 1434
- fill in and then submit the online order form specifying the Product(s) which You require by clicking
- either (at Your option):
- To register for an account with Us, You must:
- be over 18 years of age;
- be a resident of the United Kingdom; and
- complete a registration form for an account on Our Website (which includes setting Your username and password which You will need once Your registration is complete to access and operate Your account with Us). We will confirm that Your registration for an account has been accepted by Us by e-mail.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the information You provide to Us is correct (including Your email address and delivery address for the Products ordered otherwise We will not be able to confirm Your order and deliver the Products to You) and for ensuring that Your password and account details remain confidential to You. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage which arises to You or to any other person as a result of Your failure to keep Your password and account secure. Please contact Us if You become aware of or suspect any unauthorised use of Your account or password.
- We will send You as soon as possible an email to the email address You have provided to Us confirming receipt of Your order, Your payment, Your order number and personal details (“Order Acknowledgement”).
- No order has been accepted by Us until We have sent You an Order Acknowledgement which states Your order number and have received payment from You. A contract will be formed when We accept Your order in accordance with this paragraph 3.6 but You will still have the right of cancellation in accordance with paragraph 8
- We will contact You if Your order has not been accepted. This will usually be because:
- the Product(s) are unavailable;
- We cannot authorise Your payment;
- You are not allowed to purchase the Products from Us;
- We are not allowed to sell the Products to You;
- You have ordered too many Products; or
- there has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the Products
- matters have arisen in respect of an application by You for credit and / or finance.
- We and Our suppliers have a policy of continuous product development and reserve the right to amend the specifications of any Products without prior notice in relation to future sales. This includes adjustments to sizes or ornamental detailing on individual items purchased.
- Products supplied may differ slightly as a consequence from those on display or advertised.
- All Our furniture is made from natural wood and accordingly appearances may vary. Some woods will mellow with age and exposure to sunlight. When You are purchasing Our furniture You are buying pieces where varying degrees of distressing is generally applied. This is very much intended and makes each piece totally individual as designed by the manufacturers. We sell only genuine rustic designs with varying degrees of distressing from piece to piece; this may involve wood splits, wood filling, knots, purpose distress/scratch marks, antiquing etc. Certain degrees of filler will be used on our oak and mango furniture. This is common and part of the manufacturing process. Please note that Our mango items are usually of a very rustic nature and a heavy distressing is usually applied. This may appear as a dulling or rubbing effect to the waxed finish. Knotty and grainy woods are used; this is as intended by the supplier.
- Leather Products are made from quality natural leather and accordingly they may not be uniform in colour or texture and may exhibit traces of natural markings such as scars and bites. All of our 100% leather products conform to BS EN2870.
- Every effort is made to display as accurately as possible the colours of Our Products that appear in Our stores, on Our Website and in other promotional materials. We cannot guarantee however the complete accuracy of the pictures or photographs that are shown. Many conditions such as Your monitor or screen settings and batching can affect the colouring of items in a picture. Colour shades may vary from those on a digital display due to the nature of computer generated images.
- From time to time We have a specifically marked section of Our Website marked as “clearance ranges”. Products purchased from this section may be products from discontinued ranges, clearance products and / or products which have been previously removed from their packaging. These products may have been excessively handled in our warehouses or stores, such that they may have knocks, scratches or other defects due to such excessive handling. All of these items are otherwise new and this section does not contain any items which have been previously delivered to and returned from other customers. The reduced sale price takes into consideration any or all of the defects referred to above.
- Most of Our Products do not require any home assembly, however on occasions, to aid in delivery or to avoid damage, Our designers have deemed it best that certain Products will need a small amount of home assembly. This includes all dining tables and beds and some wardrobes, occasional tables and sofa Products. Any handles e.g. for drawers and wardrobe doors may be on the inside of the drawers and doors. Products needing home assembly will be clearly identified in the individual Product description on Our Website. Our designers ensure that any assembly is as straightforward as possible and that it in no way detracts from the quality or structural integrity of the Product. We do not unbox any of Your Products or assemble any of Your Products. As our drivers operate to a strict timetable it is important that any other deliveries that day are met on time. Please note that We cannot facilitate the removal of any of Your packaging. We cannot accept any liability for any extra costs incurred by You as a result of incorrect or incomplete measurements or information supplied by You.
- Our solid hardwood furniture will require treating with wax immediately upon receipt. Ensure that You wax the whole Product, not just the top and repeat every six months with natural wax polish. Please treat Your furniture immediately on delivery as Your Product may have been in shipping for some time and modern home heating will accelerate the drying process. Failure to treat Your wood furniture as instructed can result in problems that will not be covered by Your warranty. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- On rare occasions, due to extreme climate changes in shipping You may find slight swelling on doors or drawers, making them stiff to open. You should not return or refuse the item if this is the case as usually this will rectify itself within a week once the timbers adjust to their new environment and heating conditions. You may also find that simply swapping the drawers will remedy this. You should however contact Our Customer Service Team to advise us as to any such problems and we will agree with you the best and most appropriate remedy, which may include sending an independent furniture technician to inspect the item and, if you agree, effect a suitable repair. Please be aware that You are purchasing natural timber Products where slight timber movement in shipping is a possibility. Stiff drawers or doors may rectify themselves in a very short period of time.
- We always try to be as accurate as possible, however measurements specified by Us are always approximate. No two Products will ever be identical.
- For more information on the correct care procedures for the Products, please see the Care Guide section of Our Website.
- Where We are making the Product to measurements You have given Us You are responsible for ensuring that these measurements are correct (“Made to Measure Product(s)”.
- The price of the Product(s) is indicated on the order pages when You submit Your order to purchase the Product(s). All prices are in Pounds Sterling, include VAT, where appropriate, at the prevailing rate and are subject to any promotional offer or discount.
- The prices displayed on Our Website are for online purchases and promotions only and are not transferable to sales through any other means. Prices relating to any online promotion are valid strictly until midnight on the day on which the promotion expires, as determined by Us.
- We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the Product advised to You is correct. However, it is always possible that, despite Our best efforts, some of the prices for the Products may be incorrect. If We accept and process Your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by You as mispricing, We may end our contract with You, refund You any sums You have paid and require the return of the Products from You.
- Our pricing policy can be found in store and on our pricing policy page.
- You can pay by finance, credit, charge or debit card at the time of order. The price of any Product is the price in place at the date and time of Your order. You undertake that all details You provide to Us for the purpose of purchasing Products which may be offered by Us on Our Website will be correct; that the credit, charge or debit card which You use is Your own and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of any Products. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your finance, credit, charge or debit card details before accepting Your order.
- Payment will be taken in full at the time of the order.
- An additional option of consumer finance may be taken by You, subject to status. The contract shall not have been concluded until any documents that require signatures are returned and completed. We cannot be responsible for delays to Your delivery date caused by the late return of signed finance agreements.
- We reserve the right to accept either a discount code or cashback, but will not accept both on one order. Cashback arrangements are made through an affiliate programme and are not a direct arrangement with Sofastore.
- We reserve the right to cancel and refund any order, at any time.
- We are only able to deliver orders to You if You have a delivery address in the UK & Northern Ireland. Delivery in certain postcodes could take longer. For Our free delivery service, the date suggested on Your Order Acknowledgement is Our initial estimated delivery date. We will be in touch to confirm the date. If You have booked a custom delivery, the confirmed delivery date and time slot will be on Your email confirmation - no need for Us to contact You.
- Although We endeavour to offer flexible delivery time slots, Our custom delivery is subject to availability.
- Any changes made to Your order might impact the delivery date. We may be unable to deliver Your Products on Your confirmed delivery date should changes occur. If We are unable to deliver Your entire order on the same day, We will deliver Your order in instalments. We will not charge You for this, however, if this is at Your request, we may charge You. Should You not be available at the time of delivery, You will be left a card with details on so that You can contact the Home Delivery Team and arrange re-delivery at a cost of £39. We would be grateful for you providing a safe means of access from the public highway to the place of delivery. If Our Home Delivery Team consider the access unsafe, We might not deliver the Products until safe access is provided. Redelivery, cancellation or return fees as set out in paragraph 7.3 above might apply.
- If We accidentally damage Products in the course of delivery, Our liability for that damage is limited to the repair, replacement or refund of the Products delivered or the value of the Products. We may offer you compensation up to the value of the item itself but we will not be responsible for any consequential losses, including any claimed losses arising out of missed delivery. Time is not of the essence in respect of delivery. We will not refund you for items that show signs of damage and / or misuse by you.
- In the unlikely event that there is an issue with Your Product(s) on arrival, Our Customer Service Team will help to resolve the matter for You as quickly.
- Once Your service case has been raised, a member of our Customer Service Team will look into the best way to resolve the situation and You will be contacted within two Working Days. Product issues are only dealt with by Our Customer Services Team. Please do not report them to the Delivery Team or shop staff and please do not return Products to the store. We may require a photograph of the damage (that you can load onto the website) in order to arrange a Furniture Specialist to resolve the issue. Nothing in this paragraph affects Your statutory rights.
- 7.8 If You choose to have Your Products delivered to Your own third party carrier, We will not accept any responsibility or liability for any damage to Your Product(s) once they are out of Our control. Any forwarding delivery is at Your own risk. The Products will generally be delivered via a 7.5 tonne vehicle, so please be sure Your property is accessible for this size of vehicle. If We are unable to deliver the Product(s) due to there being no safe means of access, We reserve the right to cancel Your order and refund the payments, subject to Our refund and returns policy where fees might apply.
- For orders containing multiple items, the initial estimated delivery date (unless You paid for the custom delivery) will be assigned according to the longest lead time. If multiple orders are placed for the same delivery address, these will be grouped and the estimated delivery date will again be chosen according to the longest lead time.
- The Product is Your responsibility from the time We deliver the Product to: (i) the address You gave Us; or (ii) to Your own third party carrier.
- You own the Product once We have received payment in full.
CancellationYour rights to cancel where You change Your mind
- If You are a consumer (i.e. not buying the product(s) in the course of Your business, trade or profession), then you have the right to cancel Your order within 14 days without giving any reason unless You have ordered Made to Measure Products (please see paragraph 8.11 below).
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the delivery date or if You use Your own third party carrier, the date of Our delivery to such third party carrier. After this 14 day period has expired We do not accept returns of any Products purchased unless faulty.
- To exercise Your right of cancellation, You must:
- contact us within 14 days from delivery with Your intention to return the Product. You may use the model cancellation form attached to these Terms and Conditions but it is not obligatory; and
- return the Products if You have received the Products relating to the order You wish to cancel. Please return the Products to JB Global Ltd, DC2, Viscount Way, South Marston Industrial Estate, Swindon, SN3 4TN at Your own cost or if You would like Us to collect the Products from You, then We will charge You £25 per Product (0-0.25CBM), £50 per Product (0.26CBM+), wardrobes at £100 per product and Leather and uphostry Products at 30% of the purchase price to cover Our direct costs of Collection
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for You to send Your notice of cancellation before the cancellation period has expired. If You send Us a notice of cancellation by post and / or return the Product to Us, We advise You keep proof of postage.
- If You decide to cancel Your order, We will reimburse You for all payments which We have received from You in relation to Your order, including the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if You chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive option offered by Us).
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of the Products supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by You.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and no later than:
- 14 days after the day We receive back from You the Products supplied; or
- (if earlier), 14 days after the day You provide evidence that You have returned the Products to Us; or
- if no Products were supplied to You, 14 days after the day on which We are informed about Your decision to cancel the order.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as You used for the initial transaction, unless You have expressly agreed otherwise You will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. We may withhold reimbursement until We have received the Products back or You have supplied evidence of having sent the Products back, whichever is the earliest.
- If You have received the Products prior to cancelling the order, You will only be liable for any diminished value of the Products resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Products.
- Return of items subject to Interest Free Credit. The purchase of any Products on credit terms is made concurrently with a finance agreement between You and the finance company. In the event that You seek to return Products that have been purchased under a finance agreement in accordance with paragraphs 8.1 to 8.9, We will return to the finance company any and all sums advanced by the finance company in relation to their agreement with You once We have received the returned Products (if applicable).
- Subject to Your statutory rights, Made to Measure Products, may not be returned nor will We provide any refund, unless they are defective or have been accidentally damaged by Us in the course of delivery. Your rights where We deliver faulty Products
- By law, We are required to supply products which are as described by Us, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. A summary of Your key legal rights is set out in the box at the end of this paragraph.
- Please contact Us using the contact details at paragraph 1.5, if You want:
- Us to repair the Products;
- Us to repair the Products;
- a price reduction; or
- to reject the Products and get a refund.
- Any refunds made to You in respect of faulty products will be subject to Us collecting the Product(s) or You returning the Product(s) to JB Global Ltd, DC2, Viscount Way, South Marston Industrial Estate, Swindon, SN3 4TN. The return/collection of the Products shall be at Our cost.
- For more detailed information on Your rights and what You should expect from Us, You can visit the Citizens Advice website www.citizensadvice.uk or call 03454 040506.
Guarantees and claims under guarantee
- The provisions of this paragraph 9 apply in addition to Your statutory consumer rights in relation to faulty or incorrectly-described Products. These rights are not affected by the guarantee.
- The guarantor is JB Global Ltd. Our postal address is JB Global Ltd, DC2, Viscount Way, South Marston Industrial Estate, Swindon, SN3 4TN. Telephone 0800 440 2254 or 0333 400 2254 from a mobile.
- We guarantee all Products against faulty workmanship and / or faulty materials for a period of 12 months from the actual date of delivery. In all cases We reserve the right to inspect the Product and verify the fault.
- These guarantees do not cover fair wear and tear and natural characteristics of wooden Products including movement in wooden Products; neglect; abuse or misuse of Your Products in failing to follow correct care procedures as outlined in the Owner’s Manual including the oiling and waxing of furniture; loss or damage due to fire, smoke, water, lightning, sunlight, weather, rusting, corrosion, theft or explosion; accidental damage or loss or damage caused by a third party.
- Should you agree, we will arrange to repair a defective Product free of charge. Alternatively, at Our sole discretion, an allowance may be made for You to arrange a local repair. We reserve the right to offer a full refund if a repair is not accepted by You. If a repair is not possible or practical, We will offer You, at our discretion, a replacement or a full refund. Should a replacement no longer be available or circumstances determined by Us make a replacement impractical, it may be replaced with a part that closely matches it. We reserve the right to send out an independent third party furniture specialist to inspect and, if you agree, repair the furniture.
- If a refund is given under the terms of the 12-month guarantee, We reserve the right to deduct from the refund a reasonable amount in line with the amount of use You have had from the Product, prior to reporting the fault.
- These Terms and Conditions do not exclude or limit Our liability (if any) for:
- death or personal injury caused by Our negligence;
- fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any matter which it would be illegal for Us to exclude or attempt to exclude Our liability.
- We are only liable to You for losses which You suffer as a direct result of Our breach of these Terms and Conditions and which are reasonably foreseeable. We are not liable for any other losses.
- We are not responsible to You for loss of earnings or any business losses that You may incur, including but not limited to lost profits, lost revenues, business interruption or lost data.
- You may have other rights granted by law and these Terms and Conditions do not affect these.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without You having to go to court. If You are not happy with how We have handled any complaint, Y/ ou may want to contact an alternative dispute resolution provider. In addition, please note that disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform at the following link:
Privacy & Confidentiality
- J B Global Ltd is a registered Data Controller in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 ("The Act") Information you provide to us remains confidential. We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and in accordance with the Act. We collect information about you for two reasons: firstly, to process your order and, secondly, to provide you with the best possible service. You specifically authorise us to transmit information to or to obtain information about you from third parties (including, but not limited to, your debit or credit card number), to authenticate your identity, to validate your debit or credit card and to authorise the transaction. You acknowledge that you consent to the processing of such information.
- In purchasing a Product, You represent and agree that You are buying the products solely for Your personal use, and not for business reasons for example resale or commercial distribution)
- These Terms and Conditions are only available in English. No other languages will apply to these Terms and Conditions.
- You may not transfer any of Your rights under these Terms and Conditions to any other person.
- We may transfer any of Our rights under these Terms and Conditions to any person or ask any person to fulfil any aspect of them so long as the performance of these Terms and Conditions is not affected.
- Only You and Us have any rights under these Terms and Conditions. No other person shall have any rights under these Terms and Conditions.
- You may not use Our trademarks or intellectual property without Our prior written consent.
- If you are a consumer, then nothing in these Terms and Conditions will affect Your statutory rights.
- The laws of England and Wales apply to these terms and conditions and any dispute between You and Us and You hereby agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
* Free delivery to Mainland UK & Northern Ireland
† Minimum spend £500, 48 monthly payments, 9.9% APR representative. Subject to status.
†† 7 day delivery is available when you pay £39 for Express Delivery option.
Credit Broker is JB Global Ltd t/a Oak Furniture Land and Sofastore.com, Unit DC2, Viscount Way, South Marston Industrial Estate, Swindon. SN3 4TN. Credit is provided by a panel of lenders with whom we have a commercial relationship. Both JB Global Ltd and our lenders are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
©2017 sofastore.com. All Rights Reserved. Registered address: JB Global Ltd, Unit DC2, Viscount Way, South Marston Industrial Estate, Swindon. SN3 4TN | Company reg. 05573571 | VAT reg. GB862215733
Exec Time: 0.161239 Seconds Memory Usage: 9.548721 Megabytes