Oak Furniture Land Terms & Conditions of Sale for purchases made online or on the telephone
For products purchased on our website or by telephone.
- Oak Furniture Land is owned and operated by JB Global Ltd, a company registered in England with company no. 05573571 (“JB Global Ltd”, “We”, “Us” or “Our”). Our registered address is JB Global Ltd, DC2, Viscount Way, South Marston Industrial Estate, Swindon SN3 4TN and Our VAT number is GB862215733.
- Terms and Conditions apply to Your purchase of any Products from Us on Our Website or by telephone. We may amend these Terms at any time to ensure that we remain compliant with relevant laws and regulations and to ensure that we are constantly improving your experience.
- All purchases made on this website are governed by these Terms & Conditions at any time although the Terms & Conditions governing any purchase will be those in effect at the date of your order. If you order goods after we have published any changes you will be bound by those changes. Accordingly, you should check prior to each order to ensure that you understand the precise Terms & Conditions applicable to your site visit or purchase. Please read these Terms and Conditions and the documents linked to these Terms and Conditions carefully. You will need to accept these Terms and Conditions before We will accept Your order.
- We may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time to ensure that We remain compliant with relevant laws and regulations and/or to reflect any changes to Our business operations. The Terms and Conditions governing Your purchase will be those in effect at the date of Your order. If You order Products after We have published any changes, You will be bound by those changes. Accordingly, you should check Our Terms and Conditions prior to each order to ensure that You understand the precise Terms and Conditions applicable to Your purchase.
- We have tried to make these Terms and Conditions easy to understand but We do understand that You may feel uncertain about some sections when You read them. Our staff are here to help and will be more than happy to assist You with any query You may have.
- If You have a query about these Terms and Conditions or do not accept them, please contact Us: Telephone - 0800 440 2254 (or 0333 400 2254 from a mobile). Online - oakfurnitureland.co.uk/contact (for uploading photographs) Email - email@example.com
Definitions and Interpretation
To make these Terms and Conditions easy to read We have defined some of the words. If a word begins with a capital letter then this means that the word has been defined. A list of the defined words is set out below: “Product(s)” means the product(s) which are available for purchase, and described, on Our Website; “Terms and Conditions” means these terms and conditions of sale which You can access on Our Website; “Website” means www.oakfurnitureland.co.uk or sofastore.com as appropriate; “Working Day” means any week day excluding public holidays; and “You” / “Your” means you as Our customer.
Placing an order
- This section sets out how a legally binding contract will be formed between You and Us.
- You may purchase Product(s) from Us by placing an order on Our Website or by calling Our sales team on 0800 440 2254 (or 0333 400 2254 from a mobile). You must be 18 years or over to place an order and be authorised to purchase the Products.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the information You provide to Us is correct (including Your email address and delivery address for the Products ordered), otherwise We may not be able to confirm Your order and deliver the Products to You.
- We will send You as soon as possible an email to the email address You have provided to Us confirming receipt of Your order, Your payment, Your order number and personal details (“Order Acknowledgement”).
- No order has been accepted by Us until We have received payment from You or a third party finance provider and have sent You an Order Acknowledgement. A contract will be formed when We accept Your order in accordance with this paragraph but You will still have the right of cancellation in accordance with section 9 below.
- We will contact You if Your order has not been accepted. This will usually be because:
- the Product(s) are unavailable;
- We cannot authorise Your payment;
- You are not allowed to purchase the Products from Us;
- We are not allowed to sell the Products to You;
- You have ordered too many Products;
- there has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the Products; or
- matters have arisen in respect of an application by You for credit and / or finance.
- We and Our suppliers have a policy of continuous product development and reserve the right to amend the specifications of any Products without prior notice in relation to future sales. This includes adjustments to sizes or ornamental detailing on individual items purchased.
- Products supplied may differ slightly, therefore, from those on display or advertised online.
- All Our furniture is made from natural wood and accordingly appearances may vary. Some woods will mellow with age and exposure to sunlight. When You are purchasing Our furniture, You are buying pieces where varying degrees of distressing is generally applied. This is very much intended and makes each piece totally individual as designed by the manufacturers. We sell only genuine rustic designs with varying degrees of distressing from piece to piece; this may involve wood splits, wood filling, knots, purpose distress/scratch marks, antiquing etc. Certain degrees of filler will be used on Our oak and mango furniture. This is common and part of the manufacturing process. Please note that Our mango items are usually of a very rustic nature and a heavy distressing is usually applied. This may appear as a dulling or rubbing effect to the waxed finish. Knotty and grainy woods are used; this is as intended by the supplier. This does not affect Your statutory rights and as such, if You believe that the condition of the Product(s) delivered to be faulty or not as described, then please read section 10 below and / or contact Our customer services department.
- Leather Products are made from quality natural leather and accordingly they may not be uniform in colour or texture and may exhibit traces of natural markings such as scars and bites. Every effort is made to display as accurately as possible the colours of Our Products that appear on Our Website and in other promotional materials. We cannot guarantee however the complete accuracy of the pictures or photographs that are shown. Many conditions such as Your monitor or screen settings and batching can affect the colouring of items in a picture. Colour shades may vary from those on a digital display due to the nature of computer generated images.
- Most of Our Products do not require any home assembly, however on occasions, to aid in delivery or to avoid damage, Our designers have deemed it best that certain Products will need a small amount of home assembly. This includes all dining tables and beds and some wardrobes, occasional tables and sofa Products. Any handles e.g. for drawers and wardrobe doors may be on the inside of the drawers and doors. Products needing home assembly will be clearly identified in the individual Product description on Our Website. Our designers aim to ensure that any assembly is as straightforward as possible and that it in no way detracts from the quality or structural integrity of the Product. We do not unbox any of Your Products or assemble any of Your Products. As Our drivers operate to a strict timetable it is important that any other deliveries that day are met on time.
- Our solid hardwood furniture will require treating with wax immediately upon receipt. Ensure that You wax the whole Product, not just the top and repeat every six months with natural wax polish. Please treat Your furniture immediately on delivery as Your Product may have been in shipping for some time and modern home heating will accelerate the drying process. Failure to treat Your wood furniture as instructed can result in problems that will not be covered by Your warranty. This does not affect Your statutory rights.
- On rare occasions, due to extreme climate changes in shipping You may find slight swelling on doors or drawers, making them stiff to open. This will usually rectify itself within a week once the timbers adjust to their new environment and heating conditions. You may also find that simply swapping the drawers will remedy the issue. You should however contact Our customer service team to advise Us as to any such problems and We will agree with You the best and most appropriate remedy, which may include sending an independent furniture technician to inspect the item and, if You agree, effect a suitable repair. Please be aware that You are purchasing natural timber Products where slight timber movement in shipping is a possibility. Stiff drawers or doors may rectify themselves in a short period of time.
- For more information on the correct care procedures for the Products, please read Our Furniture Guides and Owner’s Manual.
- From time to time We have a specifically marked section of Our Website marked as “clearance”. Products purchased from Our clearance range may be products from discontinued ranges, clearance products and / or products which have been previously removed from their packaging. All of these items are otherwise new and Our clearance range does not contain any items which have been previously delivered to and returned from other customers. This does not affect Your statutory rights and as such, if You believe that the condition of the items delivered to be faulty or not as described, then please read section 10 below and / or contact Our customer services department.
- The price of the Product(s) is as notified to You by Our telephone sales team or as indicated on the order pages when You submit Your order to purchase the Product(s) on the Website (as applicable). All prices are in Pounds Sterling, include VAT, where appropriate, at the prevailing rate and are subject to any promotional offer or discount.
- The prices displayed on Our Website are for online purchases and promotions only and are not transferable to sales through any other means. Prices relating to any online promotion are valid strictly until midnight on the day on which the promotion expires.
- We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the Product advised to You is correct. However, it is always possible that, despite Our best efforts, some of the prices for the Products may be incorrect. If We accept and process Your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by You as mispricing, We may end Our contract with You, refund You any sums You have paid and require the return of the Products from You.
- Our pricing policy can be found on the pricing policy page of Our Website.
- You can pay by finance, credit, charge or debit card at the time of order. The price of any Product is the price in place at the date and time of Your order. You undertake that all details You provide to Us for the purpose of purchasing Products which may be offered by Us on Our Website will be correct; that the credit, charge or debit card which You use is Your own and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of any Products. We reserve the right to obtain validation of Your finance, credit, charge or debit card details before accepting Your order.
- Payment will be taken in full at the time of the order.
- An additional option of consumer finance may be taken by You, subject to status. The contract shall not have been concluded until any documents that require signatures are returned and completed. We cannot be responsible for delays to Your delivery date caused by the late return of signed finance agreements.
- We reserve the right to accept either a discount code or cashback, but will not accept both on one order. Cashback arrangements are made through an affiliate programme and are not a direct arrangement with Oak Furniture Land.
- Please check the measurements and delivery access to Your home. It is important to check the measurements of Your Products by visiting Our Website or by calling Our customer service team. Please ensure that there is adequate doorway and stair access. We cannot accept any liability for any extra costs incurred by You as a result of incorrect or incomplete measurements or information supplied by You.
- Please check that the route from the lorry to Your room of choice is safe and free from potential problems or hazards. As Our staff have not visited Your home and cannot advise whether Your Products will fit, We ask that You take reasonable steps to ensure that the Products can be successfully delivered to You. This includes making sure that the lorry can get to You and measuring any door or ceiling heights, plus twists and turns (including Your stair banister) that might cause difficulties when We deliver. Your order will typically be delivered via a large lorry, so please be sure Your property is accessible for this type of vehicle. If You think there may be an issue, please call Us prior to delivery. Problems can sometimes occur on long gravel driveways or where access is tight – so again, please contact Us prior to the dispatch of Your goods if this is the case.
- Please protect the route from the lorry to Your room. Please try to make the delivery as easy as possible for Your delivery team. It is helpful if You can be at Your home to accept the delivery, because no one knows it better than You. If You are unavailable to accept the delivery, please note that there must be someone over the age of 16 at Your property to take the delivery for You.
- Please remove any internal or external tripping hazards, furniture, ornaments, wall fixtures or cables that will obstruct the route to Your room of choice. We cannot be held responsible for any damage to these items if they are not removed. Please note that Our drivers are not allowed to remove their shoes (for health and safety reasons) when delivering such heavy items, therefore it is Your responsibility to protect Your floors and carpets. We recommend using sturdy brown paper secured with masking tape, however heavier items may require more substantial, purpose-made floor or wall protection. Please judge what level of protection You might need and ensure that the route is safe and accessible before the delivery team arrive. We cannot be liable for failure to deliver due to inaccessibility or for marks, scratches or damage caused to Your property, internally or externally, unless such damage is caused by Our negligence.
- We are only able to deliver to addresses in the United Kingdom mainland (including mainland Northern Ireland). Delivery to certain postcodes may take longer than others.
- Although the majority of Our Products are in stock and can be delivered to You within 30 days, certain items such as sofas may need to be delivered at a later stage due to longer lead times. We will advise You of any required lead times at the point of ordering.
- For Our free delivery service, the date suggested on Your Order Acknowledgement is Our estimated delivery date. We will be in touch with You following Your order to confirm the date. If You have booked a custom delivery, the confirmed delivery date will be on Your email confirmation – there is no need for Us to contact You.
- Although We endeavour to offer flexible delivery dates, Our custom delivery is subject to availability.
- Any changes made to Your order might impact the delivery date. We may be unable to deliver Your Products on Your confirmed delivery date should changes occur. If We are unable to deliver Your entire order on the same day, We will deliver Your order in instalments. We will not charge You for deliveries in instalments unless this is a result of Your request.
- If We are not able make the delivery at the pre-arranged time due to factors under Your control, (e.g. the Products do not fit), We may charge You failed delivery returns fees to cover Our direct costs. These are based on the size and number of items and are detailed at section 9.7. We will not charge You failed delivery returns fees if You contact Our home delivery team to rearrange delivery of the Product(s). In such circumstances, only a £39 redelivery fee will be payable by You.
- Time of delivery is not of the essence. We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by You through any reasonable delay due to unforeseen circumstances.
- In the unlikely event that there is an issue with Your Product(s) on arrival, please notify Us upon becoming aware of it and Our customer service team will help to resolve the matter for You as quickly as possible. Once Your service case has been raised, a member of Our customer service team will look into the best way to resolve the situation and You will be contacted within two Working Days. Product issues are only dealt with by Our customer services team. Please do not report them to Our home delivery team or shop staff and please do not return Products to the store. We will require You to provide certain information about the reported fault (including a photograph of the damage that You can load onto the Website) to enable us to investigate and resolve the issue. Nothing in this paragraph affects Your statutory rights.
- If You choose to have Your Products delivered to Your own third party carrier, We will not accept any responsibility or liability for any damage to Your Product(s) once they are out of Our control. Any forwarding delivery is at Your own risk.
- For orders containing multiple items, the estimated delivery date (unless You paid for custom delivery) will be assigned according to the longest lead time. If multiple orders are placed for the same delivery address, these will be grouped and the estimated delivery date will again be chosen according to the longest lead time.
- The Product is Your responsibility from the time We deliver the Product to: (i) the address You gave Us; or (ii) to Your own third party carrier.
- You own the Product once We have received payment in full and have delivered it to You or Your own third party carrier.
- Please note that We cannot facilitate the removal of any of Your packaging.
- Cancelling before delivery You can cancel an order by contacting us, but should You wish to cancel an order please try and can give Us as much notice as possible before the arranged delivery because Our Products begin their journey to You three days before the delivery date.
- Your rights to cancel where You change Your mind
- If You are a consumer (i.e. not buying the product(s) in the course of Your business, trade or profession), then You have the right to cancel Your order within 14 days after delivery of all the Product(s) You have ordered without giving any reason – the “cancellation period”.
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the delivery date or if You use Your own third party carrier, the date of Our delivery to such third party carrier. After this 14 day period has expired We do not accept returns of any Products purchased unless faulty or not as described.
- To exercise Your right of cancellation, You must contact Us within 14 days from delivery with Your intention to return the Product. You may use the below model cancellation form but it is not obligatory.
To: Customer Services, JB Global Ltd t/a Oak Furniture Land and sofastore.com, Unit DC2, Viscount Way, South Marston Industrial Estate, Swindon. SN3 4TN Email: firstname.lastname@example.org I/We [*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following goods: Ordered on: Received on [*]: Your name: Your address: Your signature (only if this form is posted to Us) Date: Reason for cancelling (optional): [*] Delete as appropriate.
- If You have received the Products relating to the order You wish to cancel, You must return these Products to Us within 14 days from the date of Your cancellation. We ask that You try to return Your Products to Us in or with their original packaging* to protect the Products while they travel back to Us. If You wish to use Your own packaging, please ensure that this provides adequate protection for the Products. If We deem that Your packaging is not appropriate for transit, We may: (a) charge You a reasonable sum to repackage the Products to a sufficient standard on collection of the Products; or (b) accept the Products and make a deduction where the inappropriate packaging or unreasonable handling has diminished the value of the Products. Nothing in this paragraph affects Your statutory rights. *for hygiene reasons, mattresses must be in original packaging and unopened.
- Except where Your Products are faulty or not as described, You will have to bear the direct cost of returning any Products to Us. Please return the Products to JB Global Ltd, DC2, Viscount Way, South Marston Industrial Estate, Swindon, SN3 4TN. If You would like Us to collect the Products from You, then You agree that We may charge You the following return fees based on the size of each product to cover our direct costs:
Please note the largest item will always be considered the first item and any smaller items will make up the balance of the fees:
- Large items (e.g. Sofas, Wardrobes) - first item £100, subsequent large items £50
- Medium (e.g. bookcases, desks, sideboards, chest of drawers, storage and display cabinets, dining, armchairs) - first item £50, subsequent medium items £25
- >Small items (e.g. benches, small tables, chairs, mirrors, lamps, clocks) – first item £20, subsequent small items £10
- Nothing in this paragraph affects Your statutory rights.
- To meet the cancellation period deadline, it is sufficient for You to send Your notice of cancellation before the cancellation period has expired. If You send Us a notice of cancellation by post and / or return the Product to Us, We advise You keep proof of postage.
- If You decide to cancel Your order, We will reimburse You for all payments which We have received from You in relation to Your order, including the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if You chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive option offered by Us), less any return fees
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of the Products supplied up to the total price of the Product, if the loss is the result of damage caused whilst the Product was under Your care.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and no later than: 4 days after the day We receive back from You the Products supplied; or (if earlier), 14 days after the day You provide evidence that You have returned the Products to Us; or if no Products were supplied to You, 14 days after the day on which We are informed about Your decision to cancel the order.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as You used for the initial transaction, unless You have expressly agreed otherwise. You will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. We may withhold reimbursement until We have received the Products back or You have supplied evidence of having sent the Products back, whichever is the earliest.
- Return of items subject to Credit. The purchase of any Products on credit terms is made concurrently with a finance agreement between You and the finance company. In the event that You seek to return Products that have been purchased under a finance agreement, We will return to the finance company any and all sums advanced by the finance company in relation to their agreement with You once We have received the returned Products (if applicable) plus any return fees.
Your rights where We deliver faulty Products
- By law, We are required to supply Products which are as described by Us, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. A summary of Your key legal rights is set out in section 11.
- Please contact Us using the contact details at section 1.6, to discuss a resolution including providing a repair, a replacement Product, an allowance or a refund. We will ask You to provide certain information about the Product in question to enable us to investigate and resolve the issue.
- Any refunds made to You in respect of faulty products will be subject to Us collecting the Product(s) from You which we will do at Our cost. We will agree a time with You to collect any faulty Products. Please contact Us if You would like to return Your Products using an alternative return method.
- For more detailed information on Your rights and what You should expect from Us, You can visit the Citizens Advice website www.citizensadvice.org.uk or call 03454 040506.
Summary of Your key legal rights
Guarantees and claims under guarantee
- The provisions of this section apply in addition to Your statutory consumer rights in relation to faulty or not as described Products. These rights are not affected by the guarantee.
- The guarantor is JB Global Ltd. Our postal address is JB Global Ltd, DC2, Viscount Way, South Marston Industrial Estate, Swindon, SN3 4TN. Telephone 0800 440 2254 or 0333 400 2254 from a mobile.
- We guarantee all Products against faulty workmanship and/or faulty materials for a period of 12 months from the actual date of delivery. In all cases We reserve the right to inspect the Product and verify the fault.
- These guarantees do not cover fair wear and tear and natural characteristics of wooden Products including movement in wooden Products; neglect; abuse or misuse of Your Products in failing to follow correct care procedures as outlined in the Owner’s Manual including the waxing of furniture; loss or damage due to fire, smoke, water, lightning, sunlight, weather, rusting, corrosion, theft or explosion; accidental damage or loss or damage caused by a third party.
- Should You agree, We will arrange to repair a defective Product free of charge. Alternatively, at Our sole discretion, an allowance may be made for You to arrange a local repair. We reserve the right to offer a full refund if a repair is not acceptable. If a repair is not possible or practical, We will offer You, at Our discretion, a replacement or a full refund. Should a replacement no longer be available or circumstances determined by Us make a replacement impractical, it may be replaced with a part that closely matches it. We reserve the right to send out an independent third party furniture specialist to inspect and, if You agree, repair Your furniture.
- If a refund is given under the terms of the 12 month guarantee, We reserve the right to deduct from the refund a reasonable amount in line with the amount of use You have had from the Product, prior to reporting the fault.
Our liability to You
- These Terms and Conditions do not exclude or limit Our liability (if any) for:
- death or personal injury caused by Our negligence;
- fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any matter which it would be illegal for Us to exclude or attempt to exclude Our liability.
- We are only liable to You for losses which You suffer as a direct result of Our breach of these Terms and Conditions and which are reasonably foreseeable. We are not liable for any other losses.
- We are not responsible to You for loss of earnings or any business losses that You may incur, including but not limited to lost profits, lost revenues, business interruption or lost data.
- You may have other rights granted by law and these Terms and Conditions do not affect these.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
- If You are not happy with how We have handled any complaint, Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without You having to go to court. You can access the online Alternative Dispute Resolution platform here: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home.show&lng=EN
Privacy & Confidentiality
- In purchasing a Product, You represent and agree that You are buying the Product solely for Your personal use, and not for business reasons (for example resale or commercial distribution).
- These Terms and Conditions are only available in English. No other languages will apply to these Terms and Conditions.
- You may not transfer any of Your rights under these Terms and Conditions to any other person.
- We may transfer any of Our rights under these Terms and Conditions to any person or ask any person to fulfil any aspect of them so long as the performance of these Terms and Conditions is not affected.
- Only You and Us have any rights under these Terms and Conditions. No other person shall have any rights under these Terms and Conditions.
- You may not use Our trademarks or intellectual property without Our prior written consent.
- If You are a consumer, then nothing in these Terms and Conditions will affect Your statutory rights.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions are found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the rest of these Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
- The laws of England and Wales apply to these terms and conditions and any dispute between You and Us and You hereby agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- These terms and conditions together with Your order form set out the whole of Our agreement relating to the supply of Products to You by Us.
* Free delivery to Mainland UK & Northern Ireland
† Minimum spend £500, 48 monthly payments, 9.9% APR representative. Subject to status.
†† 7 day delivery is available when you pay £39 for Express Delivery option.
Credit Broker is JB Global Ltd t/a Oak Furniture Land and Sofastore.com, Unit DC2, Viscount Way, South Marston Industrial Estate, Swindon. SN3 4TN. Credit is provided by a panel of lenders with whom we have a commercial relationship. Both JB Global Ltd and our lenders are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
©2018 sofastore.com. All Rights Reserved. Registered address: JB Global Ltd, Unit DC2, Viscount Way, South Marston Industrial Estate, Swindon. SN3 4TN | Company reg. 05573571 | VAT reg. GB862215733
- Exec Time: 0.086374 secs
- Memory Usage: 5.224777 MB